Even a star cannot save a lousy film

Radhika Apte


It does not matter who is in the film. My blog readers will notice that I like films from India, thanks to Netflix. Readers will also note that I am not biased, as I lambast some series and movies I do not enjoy watching.
Such is the case with two recently-watched films with Radhika Apte. The first is the movie Oh Monica, my darling, a comedy about three hapless scientists paid to kill a lady. Also in the film is Huma Qureshi, who I don't rate as a good actress. In this movie, Ms. Apte only had a few lines.
The other film I didn't have the patience to watch to the end is called Crime Scene; in part, I saw Ms. Apte must have been added to attempt to boost sales of a lousy film.


Comments

  1. How would Ms. Aple boost sales? What is it about her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How or why is the film "lousy”?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms. Apte is one of the new breed of up and coming stars of Bollywod cinema; most of her work is excellent, then again even Clint Eastwood had few fikms that bummed out.

    In Crime Scene the writing is attrocious, which doesn't help the cast, but also Ms. Apte's part is so small it begs the question was she put in to have a "name" people would come to see?

    In Monica, the plot is so thin the cast don't get an opportunity to fullfil their roles. The men detailed to kill Monica fail to do so because they are scientists, and get haunted because their failure to kill her turns bad when she turns up, after being saved by some tourists before she was eaaten by a tigress. Again, Ms. Apte's part is so small you wonder why she is in as all she did was laugh a few times.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world