Wednesday 18 November 2015

The Daily Blab

                                                    Dignity

For years, and to this day, I had colleagues in the writing community, who asked why didn't I shout about my success as a writer?
I have several reasons, my dignity will not let me praise myself as I view self-praise as no praise. I would rather repeat what someone says something nice about my work than spout my praises.

My friend Julia who lives in Seattle told me she thinks I am an excellent short story writer. My daughter, Alex, told me she doesn't know anyone who can engage her so quickly in a story as I am able to.


Then there is also how do I see myself?
In short, not a success despite my bestselling science fiction series 
https://hereiamattheedge.blogspot.com/2015/09/my-best-sellers-keep-selling.html - or for the award-winning short story selection   https://books.apple.com/ us/book/id808235642 I wrote over a decade ago.
One of the reasons I don't blow my own horn is I don't feel worthy as a writer; very few of my ebook collections have sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment