Nowhere man

 Horfield was hell

We have lived in three areas of Bristol over the years, without a doubt the worst was Horfield.
The family were so badly treated, we walked around waiting to be attacked after two of our children, and my wife suffered attacks; also, the gangs who ran the area would daily target us for abuse, both verbal and physical. Life in Horfield was like being in prison.
Horfield as a place is a dead-end, there is nothing there of interest, it is a stop on the way to the Filton area, which has nothing to offer as Filton is a major retail area, MoD base, and the only thing of note is the airfield.
Easton was lovely, it had a good shopping area, is is close to the railway, and was on a bus route to the centre; for some time, we had friends who lived in nearby St.Paul's.
Where we ar now in Hartcliffe, is one of the nicest areas in the city, even here you cannot escape crime, as we found out a few months ago, but the people here are polite, and helpful unlike those in Horfield.

When I had troubles with my wife's son, I would go for walks, and needed to rest; several times, I had people ask if I was alright when they saw I was laying on the grass, and being disabled. That would never have happened in Horfield, you would more than likely have been ignored at the best.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world