I am beginning to think the more educated you get the less you know

 Too much education kills common sense

For many years, I have believed if you have too much education, it dampens your common sense.
This belief began when I was working in a museum in Bristol; I was helping a curator move a painting from the store to the gallery where it would be shown. I looked at the painting, and said, "How much did the painting cost, Francis?"
Mr. Greenacre replied, "£7,000, Alan," 
This was back in the 80's.
What was I looking at?
A 6ft x 4ft sheet of matt white paint, and they were willing to pay thousands of pounds for something the artist probably oaid less than £100 for.

I was reminded how stupid some people are tonight whille watching a YouTube video with my wife. A profeesor from Oxford University was trying to prove the claim that the Lembah tribe in South Africa are related to the Missing Tribes of Israel.
Before we go further, we should take a step back and think how far these countries are from each other.
From this point, my says I am too cynical, possibly I am, but nothing proves their claim to me.
At this point his stupidity begins to show.

He located the tribe to be living in Zimbabye, so he decided to go and see for himself. This was in the 80's when the blacks in the area were shooting the whites as often as they shot lions; and he went into the lion's den where his car broke down.
His next assumption is based on killing a ram, he thinks because the tribe slit the animal's throat that was Jewish; as far as I know over 80% of butchers do that any day of the week. He does not know much about the Jewish faith, it says in the Talmud they shall not eat meat from an animal with a cloven hoof, that is a sign of Satan.

They clain to have left a place called Senna in the Yemen, there is a place called Senna there; it is the nearest port to Africa; why sail for several weeks to South Africa when you can cross here in a few hours.
While the cermony was ongoing, the people vanished, supposedly they didn't want outsiders knowing their business, but they were willing to honourn him with a feast.
I think the tribe is feding him what he wants to hear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ban him

Forgestriker- the collection

Live today