Sunday 3 March 2024

Did you see a ghost?

 Was it auto-suggestion?


As i wrote ghost stories, I was asked many times, what makes your ghost story so believable?
My reply was, and remains, I believe in them; I have not witnessed any, but that does not mean they do not exist. 
After all, I have never been to another planet, but if I said they didn't exist you would laugh at me.
I also admit to the power of suggestion, many actrs report seeing the ghsots of dead actors at venues they are booked to perform, and non-actors have to, it isn't uncommon to see the apparition of a dead actor on stage. Unless you knew who died there, or did research on the subjest, you'd ave little idea what to expect.
However, seeing the ghost of Jane Austen at her museum is more a case of suggestion to me, than seeing a ghost. I am not casting a doubt on the event, only saying it should be viewed in a different light to seeing an apparition when you have no information beforehand.

No comments:

Post a Comment