Films from Bengal

 IMDb is not the best


Last night, I was checking on IMDB for a list of actresses from Bengal. The reason is I ordered some films from as seller on eBay who claimed the films were from the area. What a lot of BS that was, more about that issue later. 
I thought most of the rating on IMDb were done by young people in India, last night cemented that thought. Seeking a list of actresses from Bengal, not in the list is probably the most well-known lady, Sharmila Tagore (above). Why is she not included, she has been out of the Bollywood scene for over two decades.
Of the list of 20, I recognised only two names, Raima Sen, and Rani Mukerji. Of modern actresses Ms. Mukerji is probably the most recognised in the world of Bollywood from Bengal at the moment. Ms. Sen while being attractive leaves a lot to be desired as an actress. I could add her sister, Riya Sen, and her mother Moon Moon Sen to the list. There other actresses who share the surname, but are not related.

How did I know the films were not from Bengal?
For me, it was easy.
One film had the title in Spanish, and two more had Coptic writing from Russia. The seller was not to know I watched tv from Spain on Netflix, and had visited Russia when I was at school, but if you are claiming the films are from Bengal, you should check they are.
Apart from this, one disc had episodes from the middle portion of a TV serial, and another had the end episodes of another. Of the films sent, that were from India, out of 10, I would only have been interests in 1. The biggest error was that because they were copies, they wouldn't play on either of my PCs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A state of hearing

Thanks to Nigel Farage

Forgestriker- the collection