Alan Place - The Influencer

 I never saw my blog as useful


When I began this blog, too many years ago to recall, I never imagined it would make me an influencer. I thought influencers needed lots of money, and masses of contacts, but that changed this year for me.
Three months ago, two writers contacted me via the blog, to thank me for warning them of using Draft2Digital. The issue with D2D is they send your writing to lending libraries, and you never see a dime in return.
The other way I have become a minor influencer is on eBay, the sellers who I buy from have noted what I get, and send me offers for films that most people wouldn't consider; my taste goes back to the early days of popular cinema in India - the 1940s.

I could write a few posts about actors, and actresses I enjoy watching from as early as the late 1930's - the early talkies - I would be interested to watch some of the silent films too. Some of my fave actresses had careers that began in the 1920's, and ended when they died several decades later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world