I am beginning to enjoy Reading again

 A Return to my Passion


Years before I tried my hand, unsuccessfully, at being a writer I was an avid reader; some books I could get so into I had to read from end-to-end as soon as I could as the story was so gripping. 
Reading was probably the only thing I excelled at in school, as I was always top of the class; I was one of the first chidren in my class to be allowed to choose a book from the library to read without assistance. One book that made a great impact on me is The Silver Sword by Ian Serraillier. The story is about three refuggee children trying to find their family in the ruins of Prague at the end of World War 2.

These children were real refugees, not like the Muslim Invasion Europe is suffering now. They didn't have new phones for taking selfies, no benefits to fleece the country, they had to steal to live.

With the advent of the internet, a new avenue evolved for me; as many boos have been rewritten over the years, I am interested to find older vesions of the story. The best example is The Lost World by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Most people are familiar with either the 1970s romance film, or the 2000s tv mini-series, but I was interested in the earlier story. There are significan differences, other than the 1970s version being a romance, and having a female in the story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ban him

Live today

Forgestriker- the collection