Who is Lana Pawcel?
What happened to Lana Pawcel?
This isn't Fake News, years ago, I was on a site chatting to another writer who I had known for several weeks, and he asked was I male of female as I put this ebook for sale on the site?
People who knew me, not many of them I connect with these days, will tell you I love word games. It will come as no surprise that Lana Pawcel is an anagram of my name.
Where did she come from?
I devised her as an experiment in writing, I was trying to find out if a man using a lady's name could sell a romance. Though the post on this subject remains my most read, even after a decade, the book never sold.
I devised her also as a penname, at the time I was writing for a children's charity book, and didn't our work damaged by this type of story.
What happened to Lana?
In short, as her stories never sold, I killed her off. I decided as I was no longer concerned about my reputation as a writer, I would write under my name from now on.


Comments
Post a Comment