Project Download

 An Ongoing Project


I would like to clear a matter up before I go on, if I could buy the films I am going to download with subtitles, I would do so, but as I can't I am left with few options.
It isn't as if I am downloading new films either, most of the ones I am attempting to download are at least 20 years old, and in sevral cases over 30 years old.
The films I am downloading are from India, most will be pre-1988; why?

The reason is films from that era, do not feature Shahrukh Khan, an actor I cannot abide, and also most of the films have music but the music is part of the story, not visa-versa as the post SRK films have become.
I realise every country produces films featuring its best actors and actresses, but with the Khans - I include his namesake Salman Khan - the films made in India are centred on these men, and their singing.
I have seen them in films, and as actors they do little for me. Another namesake is Aamir Khan I admit, at first I didn't like him as an actor, then I saw him in a murder mystery about a policeman trying to find the killers of a prostitute, while coming to terms with losing his son and my view on him as an actor changed.
Recently, I found another reason not like Salman, apparently, if you do not like Salman Khan you will find it hard, if not impossible to get work in Bollywood without his approval.

That film also changed my views on an actress, until then, I considered Kareena Kapoor as no more than eye-candy, who got her parts for being part of the Kapoor film dynasty, the film Talaash: The Answer lies Within changed my views on her as an actress. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world