The Case of the Missing Screwdriver

  A Mattress of Concern


This would make a good comedy sketch for The Goons, but the screwdriver in question is real, and in my mattress - hence the corny subtitle.
I came across the implement a few days ago by accident; I got up and felt something touch my right calf, I felt down and noticed something poking out of the cover.
I knew our grandchildren were coming that day, so I pushed the wire back under the mattress so they would be safe. At this point I realized my first thought was incorrect, I had thought a spring had come loose.
The first indication it was not a spring was when I felt the edge; it is flat, not sharp as a broken spring would be, When I pushed it under again, I could hear the handle rubbing on the springs, and when I let go the ironwork instrument did not spring back as a spring would, it does return to poking out, so I suppose I should cut the mattress and get the screwdriver out.
I resolved the issue, in the simplest way, I turned my mattress over.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A state of hearing

Thanks to Nigel Farage

Forgestriker- the collection