My Hell as a Writer

 One Definition of Hell


To each of us, Hell is different.
My HELL as a writer is spending time writing and editing a story for months, that will not sell; that is the norm for my ebook production. For my troubles, I earn less than $1 a week, I could earn more busking on a street corner in the freezing rain.
On the other hand, HEAVEN would be to sell 10 copies of one of my ebooks in a month, I did start with 10 a day but I soon realized 10 a month would be a more realistic aim; yet in the 15 years I have been writing no ebook has managed the target.
The closest is my Amazon bestseller Holding Richmond   https://books.apple.com/us/book/id808256528 which sold seven copies in a weekend (twice).

Comments

  1. A very interesting article! So, in return, an interesting question: WHY, do you think, you didn’t sell more?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reason for Amazon is I am not a name people go to, and also Amazon is not a book site, so it is easy to go there for a book and end up nuying something else. Another reason is I decided not to follow trendsm or styles in writing like many writers did. A good example being the Mayan calendar, during 2012 lots of books came out about the end of the world, what are they doing now? Though those books are not selling, the writers made a name for themselves, so they sell more now.

      Delete
  2. Another reason is I put many of the stories on here, to try to boost book 📚 sales.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world