The times they are a changing

 Once upon a time


Years ago, when I was in the mood for writing, some people I knew asked me if I was going to enter a writing contest,
The contest rules were to write 30,000 words in a month, at the time I did consider entering as I was "in the zone." The thing which kept me from entering was the thought of having to write four pages a day; on my good days, I doubted I could keep the pace, even for two weeks.
I knew several writers who did get certificates for completing the task; it made no difference to them as they didn't get a contract for their work.
I did enter a couple of contests but found the judges biased toward their favorite writers, not only in the USA but in the UK.

Comments

  1. Because the same names appear several times on the winners list. It's known as In-house-favortism, it means judges seek out known writers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world