The Lost World

  Colombia


It will seem hard to believe, but here we are in the IT age of the 21st century, and there is a section of Colombia even the drug lords avoid.
The area is so remote and covered with forests that even LIDAR (Light Detection and Radar), the most up-to-date technology for viewing through forests, cannot penetrate.

There were several expeditions to the area, but nobody returned; this area could be the setting for Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's book The Lost World
I read an early copy of the book and even contacted the society to try to find out how close the films and tv series are to the book, but I got no reply.
From my reading of the book, I can say other than the romantic element added to sell the film, there are several other major differences between the book and later versions.

Comments

  1. Is it worth telling us what they are?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the film, the Professor throws the newsman out of his house - in the book he gets pushed down the stairs from the plane - there is no mention of the house.
      There is no heroic ending with the villain losing his life to save the others; there are no diamonds in the dragon's cave either.
      There may be more; I read the book so long ago I can't recall other differences.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world