Indian History

How I got the idea for Project India


The idea for my ebook based on the story came from several sources. The latest news is the story is now over 20 pages long, with the possibility of going on, I doubt it will reach novel length (40,000 words).

History has been a subject of interest to me for many years. Part of the idea for my story came from seeing the film Thar on Netflix. After seeing the film I wanted to know more about the fort in the film, and its history.
I am more interested in its history before the days of the British Empire, for this purpose I bought a book on the forts of India.
The idea for the story came from a discussion I had on LinkedIn with some people in India. Few writers have written about North India as it is mainly desert, and populated with tribes of wandering bandits to this day.
My idea was for a short story for the blog, but my friend and editor, Julia Petrakis, asked if I was going to turn it into a book she could edit?
I have no idea how far I can take the concept; it won't be unusual for me to turn a short story into a novel, I have done this twice in the recent past.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world