Wednesday 4 December 2019

My blog goes well in Romania

Brother Cadfael
When you hear of Romania most people think of Bram Stoker's Dracula, but did you know that the Brother Cadfael series was filmed there because there are such a lot of medieval buildings and castles intact.
In the foreword to Dracula, Bram Stoker gives credit for his story to an earlier vampire story called Carmilla by James Sheridan Le Fanu.
The vampire story I wrote Holding Richmond is my Amazon bestseller, though it did cause a stir when I wrote it as the height of the Twilight films, the reason is my vampires hark back to the original concept of being nocturnal creatures of the night to be reviled, not the sexy images that have spawned since the 1970s Hammer horror films. To get an idea of my vampires, one needs to go back 50 years to the German classic horror film Nosferatu.
Though the film made his name in the movies of the late 20s Max Schreck despised the role. In Germany, he was noted for his roles in operas for many more years.

No comments:

Post a Comment