Thursday 2 August 2018

The majesty of churches.

Churches hold a mystique for me that I have yet to understand.
If you read my posts, you'll know that I am not overly religious, or trying to push religion on you.
There is something about churches that fascinates me when I enter one I can sense a calm that I never feel anywhere else. Whether it is because of the building being a church or not I haven't been able to realize as yet, perhaps it could be because I sense another presence in the building. One that is all powerful.
I have wondered if I should have been a Padre since my days in the RAF when I got sent on a course to Andover, Hampshire. People have often said that I would make a good counselor, as I can empathize with the problems of other people well.
I can say with certainty that I admire the men who built the church in the days before Health and Safety rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment