Wednesday 11 November 2015

November 2014

Armistice Day
Last year, I planned to write a family-friendly story to commemorate the centenary of the outset of The Great War








Johnny and his grandfather
The story - Johnny and his grandfather - would have told the story of a veteran of the First World War taking his grandson to visit a war memorial for the what might be the final time. With one thing and another going on, I never got more than the opening page written, mainly because until a few months ago, I couldn't find a photo I took at Staithes, North Yorkshire that I was going to use for the cover. 

From Elgar to Vaughan Williams
This short story http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BNDHL0U is the story I wrote to commemorate the fallen of the wars.  I won't deny writing the story made me cry. It was a very emotional story for me to write.

Ghosts don't dance
On a similar theme is my short Ghosts don't dance  http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GXSY8F6. The story, in this case, is about a young lady who cannot come to terms with losing the man she loves.



No comments:

Post a Comment