Tuesday, 7 January 2014

Saturation point












Saturation point is the point at which the writer wonders is the story worth continuing writing?
 I have reached that point with "A Sailor's Love," ten months ago it started out as a 1,500 word short story and then a friend suggested I try to write a fuller version and here I am 35,000 words and 120 pages later thinking "Is it worth it?"

I have enjoyed writing the story and would hate to leave it unfinished, but at the back of my mind I wonder is all this time going to be wasted as it was for both Chronicles book.
I have no idea how many pages the story will come out at, the more I write, the more I find to write about and the more character interaction I develop. Is there a point at which the effort is more than the possible reward? 

 My once eager ideas have turned to sludge and I am in a quandary as to whether to close the book early or keep going until it comes to a fuller ending? -- whenever that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment