Monday 6 January 2014

Catching fish

No, this isn't an angling blog post. This relates to selling books.

A couple of years ago I was on a German site and despite some of the people on there having issues with both me and my rising popularity -- some people did consider my opinion worth listening to -- one frequent question was how do you attract more readers?

 A simple analogy for the question shows the way.
 You catch more fish with a net than a rod and pole.

 If you miss the point, let me explain by using one of my books.
 Pat Canella (The Dockland Murders)

 From the off the title sounds either a gang or police related story. The cover shows a young female holding a smoking gun (strong female lead ). But, if you read the blurb there is also mention of a supernatural element -- so, where does she sit? -- Take your choice, I wrote the story with all of the genres in mind to maximise her chance of success.

No comments:

Post a Comment