Now the time has come

 A question I asked myself

For many years, I asked myself which I would prefer, the Nobel Prize for Literature, or the Pulitzer Prize for Journalism?
Most writers would opt for the Nobel prize as it has a more powerful echo, I would have gone for the Pulitzer prize, why?

I saw myself more like Carl Kolchak - an investigative reporter - than a writer of stories.
From experience, I can tell you, winning an award means nothing unless it is a MAJOR award; I used to chat to writer in the USA, Canada, and Australia as well as other areas, and we agreed on this matter, some of my friends have earned multiple awards in their countries, and yet remained unknown outside their country.
I have been asked many times, why don't I write about earning my award, my reply is always the same, "Does it matter?"
Apart from that, I am not a person to boast about my achievements; I would rather post a comment from someone else about my writing, than give myself self-praise. 
I have often said, "To me, self-praise in no praise."

I don't think having an agent will win me any awards, though my agent "appears" to represent some award winners. The most I am hoping for is sales for my book, after 10 years, and no sales, any sales are a HUGE ☝for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world