I never believed in the Bible

 Science over Faith

From my school days, I never believed completely in the Bible stories; which annoyed my Religious Education teacher.
Many of the stories could well have happened, the Great Flood is a good example, I had no doubt it happened as it is recorded in many writings from different cultures, who were not connected.

If you believe in the Bible, stop here.
The catching of the fish, Jesus was a fisherman, so he knew the best way to catch fish is in the shadows, that is why he told Peter to change the side he fished from, no miracle, fishing knowledge.
Walking on the water; I could have done that in Germany. No, I am not a miracle worker, all it takes is a little time, and good sight; if you watch the river, you can see where there are stones creating ripples, and all you need do is follow the stones.
The wine drinking, it is an old trick used many times in the catering world, get your party started on the "good drink" and when they are inebriated, and happy, switch to the cheaper brands.

I never believed Moses crossed the Red Sea, it is a huge sea.
This misinformation arises from a mistake in what is written; he crossed the Reed Sea, a small area which under certain conditions does open up a path for a short while.
Another reason I didn't believe this story is the journey involved, why travel to the Red Sea, when it was a lot quicker to go another way, to go to the Red Sea would have taken too long for a group of people on foot, with little food and water to have taken.
The plagues - yes I believe they happened, but they have foundations in Science, not Religion.

Even at school, so many things appeared to me to be ambiguous, and lead to discussions which my teacher wished to avoid.
If I had to choose a religion, it would be Catholic, for the reason you cannot have the child without a mother.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world