Which scam was she going to use?

 Time Zone

It would appear that either my reluctance to chat on Facebook Messenger, or the price I asked for doing so put off the lady who tried to scam me.
She is in Lagos, Nigeria so there is no time difference as she is on the same timeline as me in Bristol.
It would be interesting to see which of the scams she was going to try, as Lagos in notorious for its own scam. The Lagos scam works this way; a young lady contacts you and says "If you send me £1,00, in a week, I will send you £6,000."
Sounds too good to be true - apply rule 101 - if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. A bank noticing you send money to Nigeria will block the order, and notify the police. If my bank sees an unusal order, or an unusually large purchase they will contact me to get verification.
The other scam is the usual Bitcoin, and Crypto scam where they tell you can quadruple your outlay in a year, again rule 101 applies; what they don't tell you is to do this, you need to get four people to enrol in the system, Like all pyramids, those at the top have more people below them, and the lower you get, the more you need to work to cover the outlay.

There is a good joke attached to this scam, other than trying to catch me; she said she thought I had an interesting Facebook profile - I can agree with that - the joke is, she said she thought she recognised me from somewhere, how?
This could have blown here case too.
She was born in Martinique, an island off the coast of Africa, and lives in Lagos. I have not been to either, and do not know anyone there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world