What caused the downfall of a writing site in Germany?

 The end of Bookrix

This cover was designed for me when I was considering entering an adult, erotic, fairytale writing contest on the Bookrix site; the site was based in Munich, Germany, why didn't I enter the contest?
I started the story, but never finished it as like other writers on the site, we saw no point in entering a contest you could not win, why?

I was asked by the admin to enter, as I was a respected writer on the site, I pointed out there was no point as the contests were always won by the same group of people.
They admin didn't believe me, so I said check the winners lists; the same group of names kept appearing for all major contests, and even the smaller ones. I entered a contest with a dozen entries, and three winners, all the winners came from the same group who had won everything before.
A group of us did cause a minor change in the rules, no winner could enter another contest for three months; all this meant is the same people shuffled the winnings among them, rather than having three winners for each contest. 
In the end, writers left the site because of the prejudiced views of the admin. One rule that was regularly flaunted was you were not allowed to attack writers in public, but I was regularly, and no action was taken against the group as the were the site darlings. Things got so bad for me I was scared to come online as I was getting hate mail in my inbox from off the site.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world