Scarbble in Seattle

 An open invitation


Several years ago, a friend in Seattle asked if I'd be interested in entering a Scrabble contest in the city?
At the time, we played an online version called Words with Friends on Facebook. Julia often commented that she was amazed how good I was at the game; this was the reason for the invitation. I used to say, you are better qualified, but that doesn't imply that I am a slouch. All this implies is I am a failure at taking exams, which I am.

I decided to poiltely refuse her inviation for several reasons, though she offered to pay for the flights, and put me up; I felt it was wrong to impose on her kindness as the contest, if you got beyond stage 1 could last for months.
Thereby hangs the crunch, getting passed the opening round. At this time, I was playing several Facebook contacts on WWF, I would say out of each 10 games, I won 2, and lost 3, what about the rest?
The remaining 5, I was forced to retire from, why?
It is hard to play a game when the opponent's main objective is not to lose, to do this they close the games down by using only 2 or 3 letter words.
This was the main reason I never took the challenge, I think I could have done well, but the issue was how to win when your opponent keeps closing the game down?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world