Saturday 27 April 2024

Goodbye Seattle

No longer in contact 

All things have their time, and my friendship with my editor in Seattle has ended.
Technically, we are friends of Facebook, but we rarely converse.
Julia and I met when she asked to edit one of my eBook selection, the short story, Chronicles of Mark Johnson went on to win an award
That was in 2012, since then Julia helped not only edit one project, but provided input for The Awakening.
The beginning of the story of The Awakening started with a chance comment I made on LinkedIn.
I was talking about the end of the Raj with a man in India, and I casually mentioned I was thinking of writing a story about the British in India; at that stage, that is all it was - an idea - Julia thought it was a good plan, and coaxed me to begin.


Part of the reason for the ending is Julia's age, and a large part is that I lost faith, not in my writing, but in the world of publishing years ago; this wasn't helped by finding out I had been scammed by Draft2Digital for a decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment