Tuesday 5 March 2024

Tales from the Crypt

 Webinars and Videos


Yes folks, it is a scam time again.
I have seen webinars, and countless videos on how to write a bestseller, and the bottom line, to put it politely, they are one of the largest groups of BS.

The format is the same, the people passing the information on give you the information the writer thinks they need to write this book; then comes the cruncher. At the end of the session, you are asked to buy their book, to help you sell your book.

The only book they are interested in  selling is their book, which increases its opportunity of being a bestselling book.

Yes, some unknown writers do get a contract, there again I am sure a snowflake lands in Hell.
In reality, you have to spend around $40 to buy this book, which means, IF, big if, you do start to sell you are $40 down before you start. If you don't sell, you  wasted the money.

I know I am a cynic.
Here is a bottomline truth, not many people realise, each writing agent gets over 24,000 applications a month; you are not fighitng the odds, you ARE wasting your time, unless you live in the USA, and have a degree nobody gives a damn.
I was told I am better than several writers I used to know, the difference is they got a contract, and I didn't; the reason is they live in the USA.

2 comments:

  1. What you are is a very sloppy writer:

    The only book they are interested in is seeling you thier book, which increase its opportunoty og being a bestselling book.

    ReplyDelete