I can empathise with Meena Kumari

 We shared some life history


Certain people in Bollywood accused actress Meena Kumari of faking tears, as she could cry, almost at will; the lady later said it was a trait she had. I can inderstand why, after reading a little of her life, all she had to do was think of what had happened, and it would make anyone cry.
From the age of five, she was the breadwinner of he family.

Certain aspects of her life, I had to endure too.
She was told she was unwanted, her parents wanted a boy - I late late in life, I was unwanted, which explains a ot of how I felt over the years.
She had a failed marriage, my marriage almost failed, no fault of my wife's; it was her son who caused the problems.
Her husband was not accepted as he had cildren from another marriage, my family was not accepted for the same reason.
She suffered with Chronic Insomnia, I do as well; sadly, being Hindu, she could drink milk which has been my saviour. Her doctor advised a tot of whisky which as her condition got worse turned into alcohilism and lead to her death.
Many times over the years, my wif'e son drove me to stay out late drinking; I only stopped as one night, after a bad day, I stayed out, and was almost sick on public transport.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world