Thursday 28 March 2024

Baltimore Bridge

 A tragedy waiting to happen


My first thought was of how quickly the Baltimore Bridge collapsed, it reminded me of a game where you need to remove sticks without toppling the pile.
My second thought, proved to be wrong after using Google for a little research, was that the bridge could be old, but it was built in 1977. This accident shows again, why you need a competent crew who understand English, I do wonder how some captain's qulify. A few months ago a ship hit Greenland
Though the water below is not too deep, if you were not expecting to fall, who would expect to fall, you would hit the water like falling onto a concrete floor.
On YouTube there are many instances where ships, and lorries have got caught under a bridge; one of the first things I would do when transporting a large container is to check the route for low bridges.

No comments:

Post a Comment