Times of India

Actresses who played Bollywood Nurses 


My Google search for actresses who portrayed nurses in Bollywood could well have had a misleading title, the definition of a nurse has changed over the years.
My search was for nurses in a hospital such as Meena Kumari, seen here on the left, and Shammi, on the right. These days carers in India are classed as nurses as well. As well as the well known role of Ms. Kumari, the Times of India mentioned the role played by Waheeda Rehman in Khamoshi, but forgot to mention the part played by Lalita Pawar in Anand, I found that in one film Farida Jalal also played a nurse. Hema Malini played the role in the film Satte pe Satta .
I am not surprised the lesser known actresses were not noted; the article is written by a young person. The article mentioned a film with Aishwarya Rai in, that I would probably not watch; I am not a fan of Ms. Rai, and the leading man is an actor I avoid watching.

I noticed in my Google search for Aishwarya Rai her surname Bachchan is not mentioned, could this be because of the recent public argument with her mother-in-law, Jaya Bachchan?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world