Sunday 25 February 2024

The downside of being an award winner,

 I upset a lot of people


You rarely here about the downside of being an award winner, believe me it can be terrible; I am talking from experience.
Before I earned my award for the book above; I had several contacts in the USA who were writers, after the award, I had none. 

We could put several reasons up for this, my view is that I put a lot of noses out by winning the award. For months before, all I was reading was about contracts, tours, and how much they earned, what courses they were on, and qualifications they had. 

THEN BAM!!!!!!!
From out of the left field, I earned an award, with no formal qualifications, no course - the only course I had booked I could not attend as I tore my left tendon they week before - nothing in my favour, other than a vivid imagination.

LEFT FIELD
Sometimes to say something unexpected gapened people may say that was out of the left field, what do they mean?
It is a term used in baseball; the majority of people are right-handed, so they hit to thier right, to give the ball power. If you hit the ball into left field, you lose power, but have the advantage of probably gaining ground as the field is set for the right-jabded batter.

No comments:

Post a Comment