Two Mysteries solved in a morning

 A peaceful mind


Early this mornng, I was able to put my miind to reat on two of the mysteries whaich have been on my mind.

The first is a cooking puzzle; I was certain we had a chicken carbanera dish on the freezaer, but I couldn't find it in either of our freezers, what was the reason/
We didn't jabe one, last week, I gave our son what I thought was the chicken dish, it turned out to be a lasagna; he didn't mind, what threw me was the creamy coating. In my mind, as I didn't find the dish it was still in the freezer.

The second mystery concerned the book above; for years, I have tried to trace the book; I used to have a copy many yeasrs ago, all I could recall was the name Sylvia. What threw me is I was recalling an old cover with an oval picture frame as the background to a lady's face. I was certain it was a Victorian murder story, the story is srt in the inter-war years, in London.
During my online search, the name Sylvia took me to the sad life of Sylvia Plath, The first wife of Ted Hughes, who commited suicide in mysterious circumstances; her last poem hinted that he was abusing her.
Not five years later his second wife commited suicide too, again she complained of physical abuse. In between his two wives he had a relationship with a lady from Austria, this realrionship could have been ideal, she had already gone thorugh two marriages and several flings before she met Hughes.

Among my hunting for books, I am seeking two books that I know will be almost impossible to find. The first is about a man who returned to France with his wife for a holiday after the war, and thught he saw a member of the French Resistance who was accused of betraying his cadre; the book started well, but died out after chapter two, I'd lke to find this book to know the tit;e and, author.
The other book is about a fisherman who finds some lost woeks of Lord Byron in his fishing net. while fshing in Greece. They are in a locked, and chained chest. All I can recall about this book is the cover has a girl sitting at a computer desk on the cover.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world