How much effect does our upbringing affect us?

 The work of a writer


When I was writing, I used to get asked, how much of yourself do you put into your characters?
As a writer, it is hard not to put your views into your work; I find it helps make the characters more believeable, which explains why I rarely write zombie stories. I believe in zombies, but not the movie versions.
Though my past plays a part in most, if not all, of my eBook selection; only the character of my award wnning short story selection - shown here - is based mainly on me, and then more about my opinions of the celebrity world than myself.
A writer needs to walk a thin line between involving your beliefs, and becoming preachy, which is one of the compaints against the writer Sara Paretsky, and having read her work; I have to agree she does get preachy. Her charactre V. I. Warshawski played by Kathleen Turner in the movie of the same name, is wonderful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world