DVDs sell better

 Blu-Rays never took over

The easy ways to kill a sale are not to know what sells, and to overcharge the customer.

The case in point is this Blu-Ray disc I am selling on eBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/sh/lst/active. I am selling this copy as I had to buy a second copy as I misplaced my first buy - and as luck would have it - no sooner did I do that, the first copy turned up.

My price is reasonable; whereas the person I bought the disc from is killing his trade, if he gets any, by charging well over the top for posting. For the price he charges, you could send a heavy book, never mind a disc.
He is killing his trade more by selling Blu-Ray discs, not DVDs; there was a concern that Blu-Ray would replace the DVD, but it was a flash in the pan when the market realised you need to buy a BR player to play the disc, whereas if you have a laptop you can play most DVDs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world