A gem of a find on eBay

 The Original Hindi version


This, to me, is a true gem of a find on eBay.
The film, Devdas, could be on of the most copied films in the history of Bollywood; I have been able to find over 30 version online.
This version is a gem for me for several reasons, firstly it is the original version in Hindi; the first revision. I did not expect to find a copy of the film as it dates to 1936, and I never expected the film to have subtitles as films of this era rarely have them. The revisions are mainly in either Hindi, or Bengali.

I have two other copies of the film, one from the 1960's with Dilip KumarSuchitra Sen, and Vyjayanthimala. My other version is the 2002 edition featuring Shah Rukh Khan, Madhuri Dixit, and Aishwarya Rai.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world