If the story had sold

 I planned a sequel


This short story became the long version - A Sailor's Love - the story began life as a 1,500 word excerpt on a friends blog. My friend was was so taken with the story, she asked if I had thought of writing a novel?
At the time, I had no intention of trying for a novel (40,000 words), as I thought t was beyond my ability - I was to prove myself wrong - I stopped A Sailor's Love  2,000 words short of 40,000 words because after living with it on and off, for two years I realised it may never sell, and it never did.

If ASL had sold, I had planned a sequel, personal joke - tracing the life of Angie, the owner of the bar, before the time of the story. That story would have involved witchcraft, secret tunnels, and environmental care for the coast.
But, that was never to happen; a tale of many planned sequels.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world