Yorkshire humour

 Religion


To understand this joke, you need a little information on the hard-line Baptist faith. I am not sure about modern Baptist faith, but in my parent's time children were not to be seen in public, untl they's been baptised, In the md-30's there was a break in the faith, which caused the rise of the Anabaptist faith.

The difference is Anabaptists leave it up to the individual if they wish to be baptised.

The vicar was walking through the village when he came across Joe, he stopped, and said, "We don't see thee much in church, Joe."
Joe replied, "Aye, vicar, and thee's not likely to either."
"Why is that?"
Joe ruefilly smiled, then said, "The first time I went, I was nearly drowned, the next time I had a woman shackled to me; so, the next time you'll get me in church will be for me funeral."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world