Finland move into third place

 The UK are a distant fourth


In a stange turn of events, Finland shot passed the UK yesterday, to take the third place behind the USA, and Singapore for readers of my blog.
The UK lies a distant, almost invisible fourth, not far ahead of Ireland.

Finland is "supposed" to one of the happiest countries; that is a claim I would dispute. People don't realise, they have been at war with Sweden over a land dispute since Sweden became a kingdom in 1812; they are in an everlasting contention with both Sweden, and Norway over a patch of land - no larger than a soccer field - not because any of the states want the land, they don't want anoybody else to have it.

The Finns had a winter war with Russia, which they won, before WW2, during the Second World War they were on constant alert over the threat of an invasion by Germany, caused by the nuetrality of Sweden.
I have been to Finland, many years ago, and from my experience I can say they are not the friendliest of people to meet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world