The Ecclesiastic debate

 The Gospels


Not surprisingly, the Bible is the world's bestselling book. Despite the aspect of religion involved in its sales; the Bible is an old book which obviously adds to its sales.
Among the experts in the field of Biblical research there is a debate as to the authenticity of the writer of some of the Gospels. I expect most of us can quote the writers associted with the Gospels, but the experts reckon that the Gospel according to Saint Mark was not written until years after the death of Jesus, and is not one Gospel, but a collection of writings from several writers, based on the style of writing involved.
Not many people know, I once wished to study religion. Not that I wanted to become a priest, I did consider it at one time in my late 20's. I was interested in the variations of belief. This came about from my curiousity about the differences between the Baptist faith, and the Anabaptist church; this I did find out. The Baptist faith say I cahild has to be baptised at birth, the Anabaptist faith say you can wait until the child can make thier mind up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world