Satyajit Ray

 The master of Indian Cinema


To readers of the blog, my interest in the cinema of India wil come as no surprise. What may come as a surprise is that I am gathering a collection of films by the man many consider India's best director - Satyajit Ray - these films of the 1960's appeal to me with her simplicity, and beauty, in a time before CGI (computer generated imagery) took over.
The films tend to deal with the life of the people, and not superhero worship.
They probably wouldn't appeal to viewers these days, as the films deal with the problems arising from a changing society.

The image above comes from the film Devi which is about a father's vision that his daughter is the image of the godess, Devi. The film was the begining of a series if films that Satyajit Ray filmed with Sharmila Tagore, a lady who, in my opininion, is more beautiful now than she was then, and another adage that holds no water for me, is "men don't make passes at ladies who wear glasses."
In my opinion, Mrs. Tagore is very attractive wearing glasses. In the early 60's she shocked the censor board, in the film An evening in Paris, during one scene she appeared in a bathing suit, which was frowned on in India at the time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world