Friday 8 September 2023

Alan - The Spiritual Element

 All Creatures have a Spirit


               I don't class my stories as ghost stories

A lot of my early reputation as a writer is based on writing what many people say are ghost stories - I don't class my early stories as ghost stories - why?

The story above is the exception to the rule.


I believe all creatures have a spirit within them, and I also believe the Cherokee proverb "Within each of us is two wolves, one is clam and peaceful, the other is angry and vengeful - it is up to us which we feed."

Another adage to live by is from Confucius "If you set out on a trail of revenge, be preapred to dig two graves."


It is a point of debate whether I wrote ghost stories, or not, my view is that I was writing stories about lost souls trying to cross to the other realm; they were not intended to be scary. I can write scary stories, one such story, which is not published, is so scary it gave me bad dreams for several night, and I knew what was happening. I have plans to write a Gothic Horror story, if only for the blog. But, then again, I may not.

No comments:

Post a Comment