What a Choice :( :(
Caught between a rock and a hard place
Hobson's Choice
Most people have either seen the play, or the film, and heard the expression "Hobson's Choice," but few people know its origins.
The story started during the late 17th Century in Norfolk, England. A farmer named Hobson rented his horses out to travelers, naturally people wanted the best horse, so the poor horse became too tired to work.
Mr. Hobson decided to alternate his horses to keep the business going, but when people saw they were not getting the best they complained; so he said "It's Hobson's Choice, either you get what I offer, or you walk."
I am caught between a rock and a hard place, or between the lesser of two evils if you wish. If I put an eBook on Amazon, the likelyhood is won't sell, and if I put it in my selection of eBooks on Draft2Digital it could be sent out FREE.
.jpeg)
Comments
Post a Comment