The Route to Success

 Follow the Trend

Don't try to be an individual

My opinion on how to succed is simple to adhere to.
Stage 1 - Warch the trend, and follow it.
Stage 2 - Keep going until the tide changes, then move to the new trends.
Stage 3 - Put an attractive person on the book cover, preferably scantily clad.
Stage 4 - Probably, the most imprtant section, never try to be an individual.

I could have jumped on the 2012 (Mayan Calendar) trend, but I chose not to, and paid the price. While those books won't sell again, the writers of them not only made money at the time, many were offered a contract or later writing.
I didn't jump on the Twilight, or Harry Potter trends, not that I wished to; at the time, I was more interested in making my mark as a writer in my voice, not as a copycat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world