The day I left my wife.

 First Wedding Anniversary


It was our wedding anniversary a few weeks ago; this reminded me of a joke my wife and I share about our first anniversary.

When we got married, our friends didn't think we'd last two years; we proved them wrong, this year is our 37th annniversary.

Back to the joke.

On the day in question, my late mother phoned u to congratulate us, after speaking to my wife, she asked to talk to me. My wife replied, "Alan isn't here, he has gone to Taunton to watch a cricket game." Apparently, this horrified my mother, how could I leave my wife on our anniversary?

This shows how little my parents knew / cared about me.

If they had known me, they would have known for me to travel to watch a cricket game, or any sports match it must be of high interest to me; in this case the match was between Somerset, and Yorkshire.

Also, to us, our anniversary is just another day' we rarely celebrate it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world