The Beauty of Steam

 An age when men had pride in their work.


I am geting old

I am getting rid of my steam engines, I've had them since I was about five. In those days people had time to build the tracks, and watch as the engines went around.

These days there isn't the space to lay out the tracks, and people don't have the time to spend doing it. I did consider selling the items on eBay, but I took a look at them today - they wouldn't survive the journey, and p&p would be extertionate. I'm not after the money, if I thought they'd go to someone who cared I'd be happy; that is why I considered donatating them to the Bristol Industrial Museum

I can't bring myself to put them in the bin, they remind me of my childhood, in Yorkshire, though not good it had nice times.

The problem is Bristol City Museum only accepts financial donations, and I am not sure, if I had the money I'd feel happy giving it to them as I have seen some of the wasteful ways they spent donations on; after all I did work there for 15 years.

To give you an idea of the age of the trains, tracks and buildings I have; the trains are Triang, and the firm was sold to Hornby to nbecome Triang-Hornby in 1964. Hornby went bankrupt in 1976 with the advent of Airfix and Palitoy models.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world