Question Time

 Writing for pleasure

Where to go?

 Why don't I have a comfort zone?
I have no preference to what I write; I saw myself as a writer, not a genre writer.
I have areas I will not enter, at any cost.
Rough sex is okay - upto a limit - but violent sex is a no-go. I was asked to write a short story for a lady, her remit was an increase in blood for each episode; where would it stop?
Cruelty is out of the question, in any form, if that is what you wish then you are looking at the wrong writer for your thrills.

Lifestyle Difference.
This is not so much a no-go, as I can't write about a life I don't know about, which is funny as the blog in recent times has had an icreasing amount of readers from wealthy areas, such as the UAE (United Arab Emirates), Singapore, and most recently Hong Kong.
To flip the coin, I could say they are used to the high-life, so view my down-to-earth style as refreshing.
I did turn a contract down several years ago for this reason. The client wanted me to write a James Bond style story, as I explained, I have no idea what they eat, drink, or how they soend their time. If you wanted a Harry Palmer style story, that I can do.
I can relate to the old Russia of the Cold War days, which may explain why I was popular ther for several years; I was writing of a world the common person could relate to.

Sports
Not my style, especially these days with soccer teams spending more than the National Debt of a country on a player. I have no objection to writing a sports story, even if it is not a high-powered story.
I am more a motorcycle racer, than a F1 driver.

If you wish to know more, feel free to contact me for information.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world