Saturday 8 July 2023

Life off Facebook

 How life changes




After a long time considering my options, I decided to stop posting my blog to Facebook; why?

Though I post around eight posts a day, sometimes more, only five (on a good day) are read, I am supposed to have over 100 people following me on Meta. The majority of those are people I used to chat too when I was on the site based in Germany called Bookrix; I haven't had contact with them since I mentioned an eBook of mine won an award in 2010.
Winning the award did change me, I became more aware of what I was writing, as I expected readers to expect more from me; at the time, I had three lady friends who told me the more I wrote the better my stories were becoming.
The biggest change came in how people saw me, people I used to chat to regularly treated me as a pariah; mainly because I had no formal training.

No comments:

Post a Comment