A Place to die

 A Poisoned Chalice


I was going to say, I've not tried my hand at Medieval Fantasy.

The truth is I did, several years ago, and like everything I write; it died a death of a thousand blows. 

The Poisoned Chalice could desribe my mentality at the moment.

When the bleakness of depression seeps into your soul, only a miracle can bring you into the light.

Unfortunately, after figthing for over a decade to climb out; I have given up the struggle. What is the point of fighting  something which nas no will to live, other than to destroy your faith?

The miracle I hoped for was some ebook sales, but as a self-published author, I was fighting against the odds from the start. In the end, even a punch-drunk boxer realises he's lost the fight.

If you haven't heard the term punch-drunk, it means to go for the sake of fighting, like Rocky did in Rocky 3. You know you've lost, but you are so beaten you won't give up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world