A New Direction

 Market Target


A New Direction

For me, Aliyah marked a change in my writing. Until then, I had not written a book with a market focus, this book was aimed for a market in Israel; to my mind, that is the main reason it has failed to sell, though their is growing support for the state in the west the media still considers Israel as the opponent to freedom. This is ironic as she is the smallest state in the Arab world, and the only Christian state in a Muslim world. The media twists Isreal's defence of her lands into accusations of her attacking the Arab world, if that WAS the case, Israel would have succomed hundreds of years ago, if not longer.

History shows she almost did get conquered, Yom Kippur, the day of Jewish Attonement, 1973 was the closest the Arabs came to a victory, and it was only stopped by the reluctance of an officer in the army of Syria,

A Syrian tank regiment had scaled the Golan Hieghts, and was poised to take the vital link to the capture of the state; if the Heights had fallen  that day, Syria could have flooded northern Israel with troops with little to no resistance as the Jews were in prayers. Instead of a quick decisive strike, the officer paised to contact his superiors for permission to advance, in that moment, what could have been a decisive strike changed to become the beggining of a month-long war, which Syria lost. In that pause, the tanks were spotted, and the alarm was raised, with half an hour the IDF (Isreali Defence Forces)were back in action. Note the title - Defence Forces, not Army, Air Force,or Armed Forces.


If I write, my style is usually not directed at any market usually, you could argue that science fiction where I earned a good rep is a market, but to my view, the market is a genaral one not aimed at any area in particular. I would agree if I had written about an aspect of science, then I'd be aiming at a market, but my sci-fi is general. You may say my stories of spirituality/ ghost stories are aimed for a market, again ghost storeis cover a general market, I will admit one of my new stories is aimed for a genre, the genre is Gothic Horror and Romance, in a way this too could be classed as a general area rather than a limited market.

My latest story, "The Awakening" is aimed at readers with an interest in stories about India, again it is a story of spiritulaity, but this time for the point of the religion involved, not the people. This story is also partly science fiction, but these days where does science end, and science fiction begin?

In my life, a man on the moon has gone from headline news to going somewhere between the celebrity being found DUI, and the new fashion of picking your nose. Even when there is a disaaster, the news does not rate a headline. Years ago, hand-held devices were a thing for Star Trek, now children change thier Iphones almost as often as it rains.

In the 70s, the series Captain Scarlet featured a drop down visor that left the hands free to work. It is yet to catch on in the west, though Japan has been using the technology for decades; it is particulary useful if you are a telephone engineer.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world