Inheritance for our Children

 The Rumplestiltskin Effect

Years ago, my wife and I told our children they would get no inheritance from us; our thinking is we would rather give them what help we can now when they need it; rather than leave it for when we die.
The situation reminds me of a Twilight Zone episode; four men lock themselves in sealed containers in a cave with a stash of stolen gold, hoping to come back years later and spend the money.
However, one of the chambers gets broken over time, leaving the other three men wondering if it was done on purpose.

A fight ensues, and one of the men gets shot; one of the remaining duo goes crazy and walks into the desert to die. The remaining man stumbles around with his ill-gotten gains; trying to see where he can get food with his gold. The problem is what he thought would be worth a fortune is worthless, the people of the future had learned how to produce gold bars from rocks, so his stash was worth nothing. 

I got my fairy tales mixed up, it should have been the Rip van Winkle Effect."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world